BIM Manager – (4+ years’ experience)
CDH Partners is an award-winning, fully integrated architecture and interior design firm located in Marietta, Georgia. We are seeking a talented BIM Manager who embraces our client-centered design approach and shares our mission to Better Lives Through Design.
CDH is a leader in the design of Health & Wellness, Education & Research, Worship & Community, and Senior Living. We are a cohesive team of architects, interior designers, and specialists committed to evidence-based design, sustainability, and LEED principles.
CDH’s overall compensation package includes: competitive salary, discretionary bonus, healthcare, dental, vision, and disability insurance, 401K with a corporate match, certification support, and licensure exam support, continuing education support, professional dues support.
The BIM Manager oversees the successful implementation of BIM best practices during all phases of the design. This role ensures CDH project teams are operating at maximum efficiency and are achieving consistent results as related to the utilization of BIM products. The BIM Manager leads the vision and implementation of BIM technology, process, tools, and standards for the business; develops execution plans and models for all projects; supports the day-to-day operations of company Revit users; monitors the progress of BIM workflow between in-house CDH project team members, our clients, our consultants, and contractors; and provides continuing education and development for staff. The BIM Manager also ensures that the BIM process aligns with CDH’s IT infrastructure and standards, performs software updates, and integrates other software (e.g. E-specs) with BIM products.
- Develops BIM execution plans for all projects to provide clean, correct reference models as each project’s Revit modeling begins
- Prepares and presents BIM project kick-off meetings to communicate project workflow ideology to internal teams and external consultants (e.g. engineers)
- Develops, implements, and enforces comprehensive CDH Revit project standards
- Maintains Revit model templates and family libraries
- Supports Revit users in their daily operations by answering questions and assisting with modeling techniques to resolve warnings and errors in a timely manner and to ensure the overall health and efficiency of BIM projects
- Monitors the progress of BIM workflow between project teams, our consultants, and our clients, to ensure contract deliverables are met.
- Develops and updates Revit templates, procedures, and workflows.
- Audits internal and external subcontractor models to identify, communicate, and help resolve conflicts
- Assesses BIM skillset of new and existing employees
- Establish a plan of action for continuing BIM training for staff
- Leads the vision and implementation of BIM technology to continuously develop and maintain a BIM management system that is current to industry standards and responds to CDH’s design process
Required Knowledge Skills and Experience
- Sound and highly developed technical competency skills in the areas of utilizing BIM tools specifically, but not limited to, the functionality, setup, and maintenance of Revit including: template creation, family creation, BIM standards, and coordination.
- Ability to use Revit models to develop accurate and well-coordinated sets of drawings that contain plans, elevations, sections, and details
- Expertise in Autodesk Building Design Suite software, specifically Revit and Autocad
- Proficient with the following design programs: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Bluebeam, and Lumion (proficiency with Dynamo and Publisher desired)
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, drawings, and models, related to the design of industrial and commercial facilities.
- Ability to learn new BIM tools and the ability to translate and implement CDH best practices and training
- Ability to work both independently and effectively in a cross-disciplinary team atmosphere
- Ability to support multiple, simultaneous project teams requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and clients to establish BIM execution plans and workflows for projects
- Knowledge typically acquired through the successful completion of a bachelor’s degree in architecture or building construction
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively within a team environment
- 4+ years of experience showing increasing BIM project involvement and responsibility in architectural practice using Revit.
- 2 Years minimum experience leading teams using Revit in the preparation of drawings relating to the design of commercial facilities
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.